making the most of your morning
Here are 5 things you can do in the morning to improve your health by connecting with yourself, your needs, and taking care of yourself first.
I talk a lot about the importance of morning routines and how much they can make a positive impact in your day. Morning routines for me need to have a sense of ease and space, so I intentionally create practices in my morning routine that give me that result — from not getting on my phone until I’m fully ready to, to journaling, moving my body, having silence, going outside and spending time in nature, etc.
- Instead of waking up and looking directly at your social media profiles, emails, Slack, etc., skip it! Instead take the time intentionally when you wake up to do a few deep breaths, connect with your body, and set your own intentions for the day before you let others set them for you by looking at social media.
- Hydration is key, enough said! Drink filtered water (I love adding chlorophyll to mine for a morning detox).
- Multi-tasking can be good for your health, like when you’re making coffee or tea in the morning, do a few light stretches to wake your body up.
- Journal, think, or talk about 3 things you’re grateful for. Gratitude isn’t just a practice around the holiday season, it’s a year-round practice we all can implement. Today, I’m grateful for nature, time offline, and having the space to take care of my needs right now.
- Planning your day with your top priorities in mind helps you stay on track and when the day is finished you can look at completing those tasks/addressing those top priorities as a big win!
What about you? Let me know below which 1 of these 5 things resonates with you the most that you want to work on for the rest of January!