Summer grocery list (add-ons)
A grocery list dedicated to eating well in the summer.
As you know, I am all about wellness and getting the most out of the food that I eat. So to battle the summertime heat and sun exposure I make sure to add some extra foods to my daily grocery list to stay well.
Grocery shopping can be a daunting task with many labels and 'trendy' foods. But I want to break it down easy for you and show you what these healthy foods can do for your body wellness.
Easy pro-tips for summer wellness:
- Consume water-rich foods like watermelon, cantaloupe, cucumber, celery, lemons, coconut water
- Eat UV defense foods like tomatoes, carrots, watermelon, apricots
- Eat RAW, lighter dishes
- Use a natural deodorant-let your body breathe
Summer is a dehydrating time of the year, so you need to make sure your body is getting the right nutrients to battle the sun exposure and heat.
If you want more in depth summer wellness below is my summer beauty grocery list additions to give you the best benefits during the hot summer months.
Summer Wellness Grocery List:
- Apricots (UV protection, smooth skin & digestive aid)
- Blueberries (boosts skin elasticity)
- Cantaloupe-eat alone or 30min before a meal (protects against UV damage)
- Celery (detoxifying, lowers blood pressure, promotes hair growth, defends against inflammation & wrinkles)
- Cherries (strengthens skin & connective tissues, reduce redness, natural melatonin, alleviates soreness)
- Collard greens-smoothies, raw, steamed (anti-aging)
- Cucumber-BUY ORGANIC (boosts skin elasticity & moisture)
- Papaya (defends against UV damage)
- Peach (boosts collagen production)
- Peppers-red, yellow, orange, poblano, chile, and jalapeño-EAT RAW (reduces inflammation & anti-aging)
- Pineapple (healthy hair color)
- Plum (protects collagen & skin firmness)
- Raspberries (strengthens hair & nails)
- Tomato-cook & drizzle with olive oil for greater nutrient value (defends against UV damage)
- Watermelon (maintains healthy red blood cell production)
- Zucchini/yellow squash (calms nervous function)
If THE ABOVE list is not enough, below are some of my favorite summer meals.
- Apple Cider Vinegar shot
- Hot water with ginger & lemon
- Greens (2 handfuls): collard or spinach + cucumber
- Fruit (¼ cup): Frozen pineapple, blueberries & ginger
- Fiber (10g): Chia seeds
- Healthy Fat (1T): Hemp seeds, coconut oil
- Extras: Bee pollen, Cinnamon
- Mix with coconut water and sprinkle nuts on top
- Scrambled eggs with spinach and avocado and ¼ cup of fruit or berries
Snack: (only if NEEDED, one of the below)
- Red/yellow bell peppers, cantaloupe, papaya, cucumber, watermelon
- Zucchini/squash noodles with cooked tomatoes
- Drizzle with olive oil and add chopped raw peppers and nuts on top
What do you mix-up for summer? What are your favorite summer recipes?